Authorities in Surfside, Fla., are expected to provide an update Tuesday on the ongoing search efforts in the wake of a condo building collapse in South Florida.
Four more victims were discovered yesterday, Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah said, after the last of the building was demolished, allowing crews to access previously inaccessible places.
The death toll now stands at 28 people and another 117 people remain unaccounted for.
Global Affairs Canada confirmed that the body of one Canadian was found at the site. At least three other Canadians remain unaccounted for.
The newly accessible area includes master bedrooms, where people were believed to be sleeping when the building collapsed, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said.
No one has been rescued alive since the initial hours after the collapse.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8002934/florida-condo-building-collapse-search-demolish/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#SurfsideCollapse #Florida GlobalNews