Nova Scotia Premier Iain Rankin and chief medical officer of health Dr. Robert Strang provided an update on the province’s COVID-19 response on Monday after the province recorded 146 new cases of COVID-19. So far, the province has 943 active cases. There are 40 people in the hospital, six of whom are in ICU.
During the briefing, Rankin expressed his frustration over people flouting health regulations during the provincial shutdown, saying it was "outrageous" that 37 fines were handed out over the weekend in the Halifax area. "What is wrong with you," he said, speaking to those not following protocols, and asked why they were not taking the pandemic seriously.
Strang said it’s highly likely that the provincewide shutdown will stretch past the two-week time period, given the extent of the virus’s spread and the aggressive variants.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/7828879/n-s-provincewide-shutdown-likely-extended-rising-covid-19-cases/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB