Authorities on Sunday provided an update on the bombing that took place in downtown Nashville, Tenn. on Friday, saying that based on evidence gathered, including DNA, they had come to the conclusion that the man suspected of setting off the bomb had also died in the blast.
The man had previously been identified as a person of interest in the case, but was identified in the update as "the bomber," but no motive is known at this time.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigations director David Rausch detailed how they determined the person of interest previously being investigated was the bomber, saying forensic scientists processed evidence from the crime scene for DNA testing and compared it to evidence collected from a vehicle used by the person of interest. He said at midnight local time Sunday, scientists confirmed a match of the DNA at both locations belonging to the person of interest.
FBI Special Agent in Charge Doug Korneski said that they are still following leads but there is no indication that any other persons were involved in the blast.
Police Chief John Drake also announced a new curfew was going into effect in the area impacted by the blast from 4:30 p.m. local time and said the "footprint" of the curfew area will decrease as more is processed by investigators.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/7543704/nashville-rv-blast-officers-accounts/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB