Jackie Nixon describes her surprise diagnosis with lung cancer, how she learned about radon, and her discovery that she had been exposed to high radon levels in her home for over 30 years. Radon causes lung cancer in people like Jackie who have never smoked and increases the risk of lung cancer among people who used to or currently smoke. Jackie’s surgeon, Dr. Maley talks about how knowledge about radon and lung cancer is increasing in the medical field. Radon causes approximately 21,000 lung cancer deaths each year, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.
This is an Audio Description file. You can find the primary version of this video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXI0sFaS4S8
This video can also be viewed at